Turn the glow on in your life with this super healthy, yummy vegan glow bowl. This plant-based, gluten-free recipe, which is a meal in a bowl, is warm with the golden shades of turmeric, squash, bell pepper, tomatoes, chickpeas, and avocadoes. A balanced, nutritious dish—this recipe features whole grains, pulses, and vegetables, providing a good source of protein, fiber, healthy fats, essential vitamins and minerals, and phytochemicals to power your day. The golden turmeric sauce is a delicious addition, as well.
Turn to this recipe for meal prep—create four flavorful, healthful, nutritiously balanced meal bowls to last you for a week of healthful eating. Or assemble the ingredients and let your family create their own beautiful glow bowl, just the way they like it. The possibilities are limitless!
Turn the glow on in your life with this super healthy, yummy vegan glow bowl, which is warm with the golden shades of turmeric, squash, bell pepper, tomatoes, chickpeas, and avocadoes. It’s also gluten-free, and perfect for meal prep.
- 1 medium (1 pound) butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium (10 ounces) red onion, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
Creamy Golden Turmeric Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup plain plant-based yogurt
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups lettuce greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small avocado, sliced thinly
- Place red rice and broth in a small pan, cover, and cook over medium heat for about 40 minutes until tender. Drain any leftover liquid. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- While rice is cooking, arrange butternut squash, yellow summer squash, yellow bell pepper, red onion, and chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle vegetables on baking sheet with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with curry powder, turmeric, and garlic salt. Toss together with tongs to distribute.
- Place in oven on top rack and roast, until golden—turning with tongs every 15 minutes—for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While vegetables and rice are cooking, prepare the sauce.
- To make the Creamy Golden Turmeric Sauce: Combine tahini, water, lemon juice, plant-based yogurt, agave syrup (optional), turmeric, cumin, black pepper, and garlic salt in a small bowl, blending until smooth. Set aside. Makes about ¾ cup sauce.
- To serve, arrange in 4 large individual serving bowls (3 cup capacity):
- 3/4 cup cooked red rice
- ½ cup fresh lettuce
- ¼ of the roasted vegetables (butternut squash, yellow summer squash, yellow bell peppers, red onions, chickpeas)
- ¼ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ sliced avocado
- 3 tablespoons sauce
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan bowl, healthy vegan bowl, easy vegan bowl
For other healthy, delicious plant-based bowls, check out the following:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.