Previously slated for a 2021 release, the upcoming anime series Spriggan is now set for a 2022 release. A teaser trailer and new images have been revealed.
The trailer gives a good look at what to expect from the action-packed anime including a glimpse of Spriggan protagonist Yu Ominae. Several stills, as well as a key visual, have also been revealed, which puts the protagonist front and center. You can check out all the new images in the gallery below.
Check out the official teaser below:
Here is the cast and staff involved with the anime adaptation of Spriggan:
- Chiaki Kobayashi as Yu Ominae
- Youhei Azakami as Jean Jacquemonde
- Kenji Hamada as Director Yamamoto
- Mariya Ise as Yoshino Somei
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Written for Series/Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko
- Character Design/Supervising Animation Director: Shuhei Handa
- Production Design: JNTHED
- CG Director: Norihito Ishii
- Color Design: Osamu Mikasa
- Art Director: Yuji Kaneko
- Director of Photography: Yosuke Motoki
- Editor: Akinori Mishima
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki
- Sound Mixer: Yoshio Obara
- Sound Effect: Hiromune Kurahashi
- Animation Production: David Production
- Production: Spriggan Production Committee, etc.
Not sure what Spriggan is all about? Here is a brief description of what you can expect to see from the upcoming Netflix anime series:
“A great civilization once existed on this Earth. Possessing knowledge and scientific prowess far exceeding that of modern man, the relics of this ancient civilization remain hidden across this world even now. As high-speed communications networks cover the globe and the peering eyes of satellites are able to expose all secrets, the armies of great nations clash as they seek to uncover and research these artifacts, which possess an unfathomable “power.” A member of this ancient civilization carved a message into a plate: “Protect our legacy from evildoers.” Taking this message to heart, one organization aims to seal away this ancient civilization for good. The elite secret agents of this organization are known as… Spriggans.”
Spriggan was originally a manga written by Hiroshi Takashige and illustrated by Ryoji Minagawa. It was published in Weekly Shonen Sunday from 1989 to 1996. The manga series has sold over ten million copies. An anime film based on the manga released back in 1998. The Netflix Original anime will be streaming on the streamer when it inevitably arrives in 2022.