One of the easiest ways to get healthy, delicious plant-based meals on the table is through planning satisfying skillet meals—a completely balanced meal prepared all in one cooking vessel. You cook and serve right out of the skillet, which means less time for cooking and clean up! This delicious, 100% plant-based Easy Scalloped Potato White Bean Skillet recipe highlights the comforting versatility and satisfaction of whole potatoes, cooked with onions, garlic, mushrooms, and white beans, with a non-dairy creamy sauce, and crunchy cashew and parsley topping. Each serving is rich in plant protein, fiber, healthy carbs and fats, vitamins, and minerals. Just pair this recipe with a crisp veggie salad, and you have a wholesome meal that is absolutely satisfying for the whole family.
Potatoes are a wholesome, plant-based food that provides vitamin C, fiber, and potassium for a moderate amount of calories. Including potatoes in your diet in healthy preparations, such as this delicious, veggie-packed dish, is the way to go for optimal health. And eating a more plant-based diet has multiple health benefits, including better cancer protection. Go ahead, pack your diet with more plant foods—whole grains, pulses, veggies, fruits, and potatoes—for good health! Starting with this super easy recipe, which will appeal to your whole family. Plus, the leftovers are just so good the next day!
This delicious, 100% plant-based Easy Scalloped Potato White Bean Skillet recipe highlights the comforting versatility and satisfaction of whole potatoes, cooked with onions, garlic, mushrooms, and white beans, with a non-dairy creamy sauce, and crunchy cashew and parsley topping.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ½ cups plant-based half and half, plain, unsweetened (or plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 small (about 4.5 ounces each) potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup ground cashews
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- While vegetables are sautéing, mix together the sauce in a small bowl: whisk together plant-based half and half (or plant-based milk), cornstarch, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, paprika, ground mustard, salt, and black pepper with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir until it thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix the potatoes into the skillet with a spoon.
- Gently mix in the white beans with a spoon, until ingredients are well distributed.
- Remove from stove, cover with foil, and place on top rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with ground cashews, and return to oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender, and surface is golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve in skillet.
- Makes 4 entrée-sized servings.
Produced with AICR in partnership with Idaho Potatoes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 471 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 65 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 20 g
Keywords: scalloped potatoes, vegan potato recipe, vegan scalloped potatoes
For other savory vegan main dishes, try some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.