Sharing holiday gift ideas for the kids this year! We tend to stick to the purchasing strategy of: “ Something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read.”
Hi friends! Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful Halloween weekend! The kids had the BEST time trick-or-treating with the fam, and I officially feel like I’m in the holiday spirit. It’s an onslaught of fun festivities from now until January and I’m SO READY FOR IT.
I’m really excited for today’s gift guide because kiddos really bring the magic to Christmastime. I’m basically like Buddy the Elf and thought that nothing could possibly make the season more enjoyable… and then we had kids. They just magnify all of the magic of the holidays. I’m sharing the kids’ gift guide early this year because of supply chain and shipping issues. We’re getting our holiday shopping done early, so I wanted to put some ideas out there if you’re doing the same thing.
When we holiday shop for the kiddos, we keep things on the simpler side. They get their Santa gifts and stocking stuffers, and then from us, we stick to the “something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read.” This checks all of the main boxes and keeps things from getting too bananas with gifts from my parents and their other relatives. [Another hack: any gifts that aren’t opened in the first couple of days are stocked away in the playroom. I bring them out on a rainy day or when the kids say they’re looking for something to do.]
Today, I’m sharing some of the things on their personal wish lists, along with tried and true favorites if you’re shopping for kids their ages (5 and almost 9) this holiday season!! I’d love to hear your kids’ gift requests in the comments and any ideas you have!
Something they want:
– American Girl doll. These are always a huge hit… I think we’re up to 10 now lol
– Magnatiles (P has been playing with these since she was a toddler and still adores them. She’s also really into Lego anything right now.)
– Power Wheels. We did this a few years ago and they’ve been a huge hit
Something they need:
– New Ugg boots <— the waterproof ones last the longest
– Dance or gymnastics leotards
– Experience gifts are always a hit, like tickets to a museum or activity they love
– Practice goal and a new soccer ball
Something to wear:
– Christmas sweater dresses
Something to read:
– The Babysitter’s Club graphic novels. Liv has read all of these and LOVES them. I highly recommend if you have an 8-10 year old.
– Ivy & Bean
– Pinkalicious collection
– Fancy Nancy
– Pete the Cat
– Where’s Waldo?
– Mad Libs
– The Ramona Set
– The Boxcar Children (this makes a fun read-aloud)
What’s on the kiddos’ wish list this year? Any previous gifts that were a home run?
Shop this post:
*Note: none of my gift guides are sponsored, and companies are not able to purchase spots on my gift guides. These are all items I curated myself and genuinely think they’d make awesome gifts for someone you love. Affiliate links are included, which don’t affect purchase price but enable me to earn a small kickback. Thank you so much for purchasing through these links and supporting our family. <3