Plus, how they filmed the shark sequence.
With writer-director Robert Rodriguez’s We Can Be Heroes now streaming on Netflix, I recently spoke with Yaya Gosselin and Vivien Lyra Blair about making the family film. If you haven’t seen the trailers, We Can Be Heroes follows a group of children, all the offspring of the world’s biggest superheroes, who must come together to fight a group of alien invaders after the aforementioned intergalactic baddies take their parents as prisoners. The film also stars Pedro Pascal, Priyanka Chopra, Christian Slater, Boyd Holbrook, Sung Kang, Adriana Barraza, Christopher McDonald, and Taylor Dooley.
During the interview, Yaya Gosselin and Vivien Lyra Blair talked about what they’d like to see happen to their characters in the sequel, what it was like working with the VFX, how they filmed the shark sequence, if they’d seen Spy Kids and The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl before being cast, what TV show they’d like to guest star on, and more.
Check out what they had to say below.
Yaya Gosselin and Vivien Lyra Blair:
- Do they enjoy talking to people about the movie?
- What TV show would they love to guest star on?
- What surprised them about making the movie with all the VFX?
- Had they seen Spy Kids and The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl before being cast?
- What was it like filming the shark sequence?
- What would they like to see happen in a sequel?
‘The Little Things,’ ‘Search Party’ Season 4, a new ‘Euphoria’ special episode, and more are coming this month.
About The Author