Toontrack has released the 21st Century Metal MIDIpack, a collection of drum MIDI grooves and fills for EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3 performed by drummer Ash Pearson of Revocation.
In today’s fragmented world of metal, the lines between genres have blurred to a point where often several styles seamlessly meld into one. Any random track can feature anything from a regular four-on-the-floor or a subtle fusion- and jazz-inspired groove to the most relentless d-beats, blasts and grind variations, without the average listener even blinking twice. In this MIDI pack, drummer powerhouse Ash Pearson (Revocation, 3 Inches of Blood) dives headfirst into not only his own impressive discography but also the past two decades of metal music, bands and personal inspirations, to unravel the art of metal drums in the new millennium.
Meant to serve as a broad-stroke collection of inspirational grooves for any walk of metal, this library of MIDI is one where sturdy simplicity collides dead on with technicality, prowess and extreme aggression. In short, Ash delivers one of the most varied drum MIDI packs for metal yet.
• Drum grooves and fills primarily inspired by metal of the past two decades
• Suitable for anything from heavy metal to technical death, thrash and progressive metal
• Performed by Ash Pearson (Revocation, Zimmers Hole, 3 Inches of Blood)
• More than 400 individually played files
• 4/4, 5/4, 6/8, 7/4, 7/8 and 12/8 in straight and/or swing feel with tempos ranging from 90 BPM to 225 BPM
• Song structure categorization (intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, fills)
This marks the third release in Toontrack’s annual Metal Month campaign, following the Modern Metal EZX, featuring drum sounds by Will Putney, and the Metal EBX, featuring bass presets and MIDI all tailored for metal perfection.
Videos, audio demos and more info about the 21st Century Metal Midi pack can be found here, and you can watch a demo below.
Want More Metal? Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter
Enter your e-mail below to get a daily update with all of our headlines.