Rocket League is partnering up with the Ratchet & Clank series, as Psyonix announced on Tuesday that a free Ratchet & Clank bundle would be arriving in Rocket League for PlayStation users.
Beginning on August 18 and running through January 3, 2022, any PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 users who sign in to the game will receive a bundle that includes a free Ratchet & Clank Punk Decal for Octane, Negatron Collider Booster, Clank Balloon Topper, and the Ratchet Balloon Topper.
“We’re big fans of Ratchet & Clank here at Psyonix and it’s one of PlayStation’s most iconic franchises,” said Jeremy Dunham, product & content strategy director at Psyonix. “That’s why teaming up with Insomniac to make cool content for the PlayStation community was both a thrill and a privilege to work on!”
Alongside the Ratchet & Clank bundle, Rocket League players on PlayStation 5 will soon be able to play the game at 120hz. Starting August 18, a new “Video Quality” setting will be added within the Video Settings menu of the game, allowing players to toggle on Quality or Performance modes. The details for each mode are:
- 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- HDR requires HDR10 compatible display and HDMI 2.0 cable or better
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 4K
- Game runs at 2688×1512 resolution (70% of full 4K) at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI runs in 4K
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K UHD. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 2688×1512
- HDR and 120 FPS require a compatible display, as well as Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 cable
The developers also announced a handful of new bundles you can pick up on the PlayStation Store now, as well as a new PlayStation Plus pack that’s coming soon. You can head over to the PlayStation Blog to check out the full list of new things available for purchase this month in the game.
Rocket League is now available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PC, macOS, and Linux.