Filmem

Film and Music Electronic Magazine

Drake announces concert in Toronto postponed after testing positive for COVID

TORONTO — Drake says he has tested positive for COVID-19 and the Young Money Reunion concert planned for tonight in Toronto will be postponed.

The Toronto rapper made the announcement in a story posted to his Instagram account and says the show will be rescheduled to the earliest possible date.

He apologized to fans for letting them down on their weekend together — the annual three-day OVO Fest music festival hosted by the Canadian musician.

The show tonight at Budweiser Stage, featuring Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj, was to be a reunion of acts on the Young Money record label, following another concert at the same site Friday featuring Chris Brown and Lil Baby.

Read more:

L’eau de Drake: Rapper’s line of scented candles available at Shoppers Drug Mart

Story continues below advertisement

The festival kicked off Thursday with an All Canadian North Stars concert, featuring appearances by a dozen Canadian hip-hop and rap artists including Choclair, Jully Black, Kardinal Offishall, Keshia Chante and Maestro Fresh Wes.

The show also included a couple of surprise guests, Nelly Furtado and hip hop pioneer Michie Mee.

Drake has previously said he plans to take his OVO Fest on the road for its 10th anniversary in 2023 with dates “around the world.”


Click to play video: 'Drake helps Pickering get online with high-speed internet'







Drake helps Pickering get online with high-speed internet


Drake helps Pickering get online with high-speed internet – Mar 31, 2022

© 2022 The Canadian Press




Source link